Washlaw Services Disclaimer
- Washburn provides internet related services at its own expense on a free and experimental basis.
- Washburn reserves the right to remove or discontinue any service, at any time, for any reason.
- All services that are provided on Washburn equipment are the exclusive property of Washburn.
- SPAMMING all lists with the same message is PROHIBITED.
Discussion Group Services Disclaimer
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for Washlaw Web Hosted Mailing Lists
The follow terms and conditions are binding on each subscriber irrespective of his or her express assent to them.
- NO SUBSCRIBER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO CLAIM DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE ON ANY VIEW RECEIVED FROM ANY OTHER SUBSCRIBER OR FROM THE OWNER (MODERATOR). No warranties are made by any person as to the timeliness or validity of any information contained in any posting. Each lawyer asking a question remains solely responsible for protecting the interests of his or her client. Neither the receipt nor distribution of messages or information of any kind through this discussion group constitutes formation of any attorney-client relationship.
- FULLY OR PARTIALLY MODERATED LISTS: It is not the obligation of the moderator or listowner to correct errors in messages posted to the list. The moderators's forwarding of a message to the members of the group indicates that it may be relevant to the topic of the list and nothing more.
- UNMODERATED LISTS: It is not the obligation of the moderator or listowner to correct errors in the messages posted on the list.
- No subscriber may post any message which is libelous or violates copyright law or any other law. Any subscriber who does so shall indemnify and hold harmless Washburn and the listowner from any resulting liability.
- Washburn reserves the right to remove any subscriber from any discussion group for any reason.
- Anonymous posting, or posting messages under a false name is prohibited.
- Due to limited resources, Washburn does not create or maintain archives for many Washburn discussion groups. In those cases where an archives has been created, it may be removed at any time, for any reason. Washburn is unable to recreate any archives that have been removed.
- In many cases, when you post a message to a discussion group, even though the membership is intended to be limited, it MAY be read by many people on INTERNET (NOT JUST THOSE ON THE LIST). The message archive may be public. A list member might forward your note to someone else. Post only if you intend your views to be widely read.
- Some discussion groups are completely unmoderated. Washburn University does not endorse ANY message posted by ANY subscriber and does not control what is posted. Join and participate at your own risk.
- Discussion group software merely forwards email (unchanged), to the list of subscribers. If a VIRUS is attached to the message, it forwards the virus to the entire group. We recommend that you have a properly installed virus protection scheme working on your computer. We further recommend AGAINST opening any ATTACHMENT from someone you don't know.
- Messages from Washburn discussion groups may NOT be archived for public display without the express permission of the relevant listowner.
Web Content Disclaimer
All information provided in official Washlaw Web sites is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the University and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on official University web sites is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the Washlaw makes no guarantees of any kind.
The Washlaw web site may contain information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources both internal and external to the University. These sites are unmoderated forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post the entries. Washlaw does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or information contained in links to other external web sites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein.
In no event shall Washlaw be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Web Link Disclaimer
Any links to external Web sites and/or non-Washlaw information provided on university pages or returned from university Web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by Washlaw of the content or views of the linked materials.