Solo & Small Firm
- ABA Lawyer Resources
- ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys (AFDA)
An educational organization dedicated to serve criminal defense attorneys who practice in the federal courts.
- Attorney at Work
Attorney at Work promises you one really good idea every day.
"The Attorney lawyer website is the most useful website of any lawyer who want to have his identity on the web which has proved itself as a powerful media."
- Building a Successful Solo Law Practice, by J. Jacques, CMC
"Resources for solo practitioners and small law firms."
- Counsel.Net, Attorney Network
Browse the latest 25 posts from the Solo Practitioner Chatboard.
Create web site for small and solo law firms.
- The Expert Pages
Internet directory of experts, expert witnesses and legal consultants.
- FindLaw Professional Development Center
- Internal Revenue Service
Launching a Small Firm or Solor Practice By Art Italo, Italo Consulting, Marietta, GA
- The Law Biz Products and Services for Attorneys.
Some free information and additional services for a fee.
- Lawyer Referral & Information Service, ABA
- Lessons from a Solo Practitioner
- Management Tips from a Solo Practitioner by M.D. Barringer-Thomson
Inspiring solo and small firm lawyers and those who want to be.
- (NCSC) National Center for State Courts
- NITA -- National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Practice Management Aids for the Solo Practitioner and Small Law Firm by C.A. Gilsinan
- Private Investigation Resources
- QuickForm Contracts Online
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
Starting, financing and running a business, including a large shareware page for downloading software that will help you build your business.
- Success Story: Carolyn Elefant: How to Go Solo
- Texas Law Office Management
- United States Postal Service Home Page
Check your zip codes or track your express mail packages.
- Basic Legal Citation
From the Legal Information Institute, Cornell Law School.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CataLaw:Metaindex of Law and Government
It aids legal research by arranging all indexes of law and government into a uniform, universal and unique metaindex.
- DocLaw WWW
From Washlaw: Doclaw is a gateway to Federal Government internet resources and other government related material.
- Emory University School of Law, Electronic Reference Desk
Online, searchable database of official publications of the European Union
Gateway to the European Union, available in many languages.
- Foreign and International Law
From Washlaw: "Our goal is to provide links to primary foreign and international legal resources, research aids, and sites useful in conducting research in these areas of the law."
- GPO Access
Allows quick access to government documents.
- Hieros Gamos
Comprehensive law and government access site.
- Index to Current Urban Documents
"[G]uide to the reports and research that are generated by local government agencies, civic organizations, academic and research organizations, public libraries, and metropolitan and regional planning agencies in approximately 500 selected cities in the United States and Canada."
- Institute of Governmental Studies Library
Large deposit of local ordinance codes and charters, additional links as well.
- Internet Legal Resource Group
- Law Library Online Catalogs
- Legal Information Institute - WEX
By Cornell Law School. Organizes the law into concise and clear-cut pages with links to important substantive law.
- Library of Congress World Wide Web Homepage
From Washlaw: "[P]rovide access to legal reference information available on the Internet."
- SECnet, Washington Service Bureau (CCH)
"[A] global provider of content management technology and information services for the life sciences and other R&D-intensive industries that pioneer important scientific, technical, and medical (STM) breakthroughs."
- Legal Forms
- Legal Software
- Pay Scale
Tools from Washlaw